- You can test the water of capillary action by watering your plants colored water. Because the water will travel up the stem, colored water would change the color of a light colored plant.
- The water property of surface tension has allowed more then 1,200 animal species have evolved to “walk on water”. Some of these animals include the water spider and and Jesus lizard.
- Water dissolves more substances than any other liquid. Wherever it travels, water carries chemicals, minerals, and nutrients with it.
- Roughly 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water.
- A healthy person can drink about three gallons (48 cups) of water per day.
- Other names for water are: dihydrogen monoxide, oxidane, hydroxylic acid, and hydrogen hydroxide
- Water's boiling point is boiling point: 100 °C, or 212 °F
- Water has the second highest specific heat capacity of all known substances.
- Waters boiling point changes acorriding to the atmospheric pressure. For example water boils at just 68 °C (154 °F) on the top of Mount Everest while water deep in the ocean near geothermal vents can remain in liquid form at temperatures much higher than 100 °C (212 °F).
- Water expands as it cools from 4 °C to 0 °C (above 4 °C it does the opposite).